‘Recipe of Kosher Russian Potato Salad’: World famous dish, you should not miss
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (washed, skins on)
- 2 to 3 large eggs
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 to 3 medium carrots (peeled, trimmed, and diced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 4 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more according to taste)
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch sugar
- Place the potatoes (with their skins on) in a large pot or Dutch oven. Cover with 2 inches of cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about 20 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain, transfer to a bowl, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the hard-boiled eggs: Place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Allow the eggs to cook for 2 minutes, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, covered for 10 minutes more. Drain and place the eggs in a small dish in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place the chopped carrots in a small saucepan and cover with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Add the fresh peas (if using frozen peas, don't cook them, just add to the salad with the eggs), lower the heat, and simmer until the carrots and peas are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Transfer the carrots and peas to a large bowl.
- Take the potatoes from the refrigerator, peel, and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Add the potatoes to the bowl with the carrots and peas. Peel the hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/4-inch dice, and add to the vegetables. Add the chopped pickles and mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and sugar to the bowl. Gently toss together. Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings, or add more mayonnaise if you prefer a creamier salad. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve this hearty dish as a first course or as a side dish with breaded baked chicken.
Previous article France look convincing in win over Italy