Recipe For Spiny Lobster in “Crazy Water”
- 2 (1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound) wild-caught spiny lobsters or Maine lobsters
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 2 12-ounce containers cherry tomatoes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook lobsters in large covered pot of boiling salted water 3 minutes (lobsters will not be fully cooked). Using tongs, transfer lobsters to large rimmed baking sheet. Let stand until lobsters are cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Using kitchen shears or sharp knife, cut lobsters in half lengthwise. Rinse away any dark parts from body cavity. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in each of 2 large ovenproof skillets over medium heat. Add 2 lobster halves to each skillet, flesh side down, and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Divide garlic and crushed red pepper between skillets and sauté until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Divide tomatoes between skillets and cook until slightly wilted. Divide wine between skillets and cook 3 minutes. Divide water between skillets; turn lobsters flesh side up, cover, and braise in oven until lobsters are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer lobsters to 2 plates. Combine tomato mixtures in 1 skillet. Boil sauce until reduced to 3 cups, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Pour sauce over lobsters. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over each lobster and serve.
Previous article Residents offer namaz amid muddy water in Aligarh