Health Benefits of Bourbon Whiskey!
Here we bring you some health benefits of Bourbon whiskey:
- A drink, or two, of some fine Bourbon is known to calm the nerves, relax your mind and even enhance the blood circulation up there.
When whiskey is aged in wooden barrels, aside from getting its amber-golden hue, it also obtains something called ellagic acid which controls the amount of glucose your liver releases and regulates your insulin levels.
Slowing down the production of glucose in the liver keeps your blood sugar in check and is known to reduce chances of diabetes by 30-40%.
- Your good cholesterol - also known as, high-density lipoprotein or HDL - increases when you drink whiskey.
This HDL further also prevents the creation of bad cholesterol in your system, which could lead to a condition called Atherosclerosis. Bourbon, thereby, balances your cholesterol levels.
Drinking whiskey once a week gives your body an antioxidant boost that prevents chances of coronary heart disease. Whiskey also absorbs harmful phenolic compounds from your body.
The ellagic acid in bourbon works to stop our DNA from coming in contact with cancer-causing compounds, like nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
Ellagic acid contains antioxidants that not only fight the free radicals in our body; but also prevent the forming of such radicals.
- Bourbon boosts your energy, the study revealed that adults who consume between 1 to 6 portions of Bourbon in a week, are half as likely as non- and heavy-drinkers to suffer from dementia.
- Bourbon increases your immunity and life expectancy, Bourbon is loaded with antioxidants that boost your immunity by preventing you from contracting viruses and diseases.
- Bourbon also helps to prevent a common cold, Bourbon whiskey too certain properties that help to prevent common colds, or even counter them.