Schwarzenegger takes a dig at Trump following ’emission proposal’
Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 3 (ANI): Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Former CaliforniaRepublican Governor, took a jibe at United States President Donald Trump on Thursday, following the decision of repealing California's Clean Air Act pre-emption waiver and lowering the emissions standards for cars. According to CNN, Trump administration is calling the plan a ' 50-state fuel economy and tailpipe carbon dioxide emissions standard for passenger cars and light trucks.' Schwarzenegger took to his official Twitter handle to give a statement on "today's stupid, fake-conservative policy announcement that no one asked for". "For 48 years -- since one of my heroes, then-Gov. Ronald Reagan, requested it -- California has had a waiver from the federal government to clean our own air.. If the President thinks he can win this fight, he's out of his mind", the tweet read. The former Governor also said that he was tired of the fake conservatives who believe in the state's right to make their own policies- as long as state policy is to pollute more. Schwarzenegger also called the policy 'stupid' and with regards to revoking of California's Clean Air Act pre-emption waiver, he said that the state of California has won before and it will win again. The 71-year old veteran actor has never held back from criticising POTUS or the White House administration. Last month, Schwarzenegger termed the press conference of US President Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in Helsinki "embarrassing" and said that the former acted like a "fanboy" of the Russian leader.
Previous article INX Media Case: SC refuses to interfere with the anticipatory bail granted to Karti Chidambaram